Shelby County Schools Title IX Coordinator is Michael Jones, Student Services Coordinator. If you would like to submit inquiries or complaints regarding Title IX matters, including sexual harassment, please contact Mr. Jones. His contact information is listed below:
In accordance with Title IX (20 U.S.C. §1681, et seq.), the Board strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or gender in its programs or activities, including sexual harassment, as defined by law and Board policy.
- To file a Title IX complaint with the Shelby County Board of Education, please contact the Title IX Coordinator, Michael Jones.
- To file a Title IX Sexual Harassment complaint requires a completed Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Form. The form can be submitted to Mr. Jones directly, or the local school's administration. The local school is required to send all completed complaint forms to Mr. Jones.
The Title IX Coordinator Contact Information:
- Michael Jones, Coordinator of Student Services
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - (205) 682-7049
- Fax - (205) 682-7045
- Mail - 410 East College Street
Columbiana, Alabama 35115
Review Board Policy regarding Title IX, visit the Shelby County School System's website at https://www.shelbyed.kl2.al.us and go to District, About Our System, and click on Board Policies. The board policy relating to Title IX is Board Policy 6.9.