If you are enrolling your child into the Shelby County Schools school district for the first time the Enrollment/Registration packet will be a combination of the required State enrollment forms, required district forms and  local school forms. The Registration forms provide the local school with residence verification and other needed information. All forms are available online or in print.

If you have additional questions about the enrollment process you may contact Student Services Department or the individual school Principal or Counselor.

Please click on the link below then using the side navigation to select the school in which you wish to enroll/register your child. By selecting the appropriate school, you will be forwarded to a web page that includes important information, dates and documents specific to the school selected.

Enrollment and Registration Forms


Documents Needed for Student Enrollment   Documentos Necesarios Para La InscripciĆ³n De Estudiantes

Other Resources

Student Services Department   School Directory

Residency/School Zone

Due to concerns with COVID-19 and understanding that parents have varying opinions about their children attending school at this time for in-person instruction, Shelby County Schools is providing the following learning options for the 20-21 SY for students who currently reside in one of the seven communities zoned for the Shelby County School District:

  • Traditional- On Campus Learning- Students will report to the school campus daily.
  • Remote- At-home Learning- Students will participate in all courses through a virtual format.

In order for a student to be enrolled in the Shelby County School District, and participate in one of the learning options, based on School Board Policy 6.1.2, the student must attend school in the zone in which they reside with a parent or legal guardian. Custody awarded through the court is a requirement for school enrollment. Students are not permitted to be a remote learner and reside outside of the Shelby County School District.

You may view the current bus routes by using the link below. If you have a question regarding your specific residence and which school zone you are in, you may call Brent Copes at 205-682-7132.

View Bus Route Stops

Age Requirements

To enroll in Kindergarten, a child must be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 2 of the enrolling school year.

To enroll in First Grade, a child must be 6 years of age on or before December 31 of the enrolling school year (Alabama Code 16-28-4). Any questions regarding this state law can be directed to the Instructional Department, Elementary Coordinator at 205-682-7055.

Health Certificates

Each student wishing to enroll into the Shelby County School System must present a certificate of immunization or a  medical or religious exemption.

Transfer Students

Students who have previously been enrolled in school must provide proof of withdrawal from that school.  Students transferring into the Shelby County School System must be in good standing with their prior school.  Shelby County Schools will honor all behavior dispositions a student may have with a previously enrolled school.  Shelby County Schools will follow all Alabama High School Athletic Association rules and regulations regarding transfer students.

Special Services

If the student needs special services, the parent should notify the school counselor. These may include Gifted Education, an Accommodation Plan, a 504 Plan, English Language Learner services, or Special Education Services.

Shelby County Schools Listserv - Be informed and join your school's listserv to receive email updates of events and important information from your school.

Complete the membership request form