Learn More About Career Technical Educational Center
The Career Technical Educational Center serves students in grades 10 through 12 from each of the eight high schools in Shelby County, Alabama. CTEC participates in both state and national Career-Technical competitions.
CTEC Mission Statement
The mission of Career Technical Educational Center is to equip and develop the whole student with tools that prepare them for opportunities in post-secondary and workforce.
A Commitment to Life-Long Learning
- We believe in a nurturing environment where students are supported and encouraged to succeed.
- We believe in promoting character education to
enable students to become compassionate and
- We believe in hands-on learning that simulates the
- We believe that students, teachers, and
parents/guardians should work together to function as a
learning organization to achieve CTEC's mission and serve
as exemplary members of Shelby County's Vertical Teaming
- We believe that teachers should hold high
expectations for their students and hold students
accountable for their choices, actions, and learning.
- We believe that CTEC should employ a shared
vision between educators and business leaders to ensure that
high school graduates are college and/or career ready.
- We believe that CTEC should continuously evolve into an ever changing college/career ready school to educate and train our students to be successful in the existing and future workforce.
- Student Handbook
- Bell Schedule
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- INow (Student Grades)
- Progress Report/Report Card Schedule
- SCBOE Bullying/Harassment Reporting
- SCBOE Code of Conduct
- SCBOE Academic Calendar
- Shelby County Schools District Website