Preparing Students for the Future!
- High School Academic Guide (English)
- Guía Académica de Secundaria del Condado de Shelby 2019-2020
- Vocabulary Word Cards/Tarjetas de Vocabulario
- Learn to Speak English/Aprenda a hablar Inglés
- Resources for ESL families/Recursos para familias ESL
- Summer Reading Tips/Recomendaciones de lectura para el verano
- Ways ESL Parents can help their children/Maneras que los padres pueden ayudar a sus hijos en ESL
- Tips (Japanese)
- Parent Checklist/Lista para padres
- Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization Form -AUTORIZACIÓN del que PRESCRIBE/PADRE para MEDICAMENTOS
- Bullying - intimidación
- Websites for Parents - sitios web para padres
Interpreter or Translation
@shelbyed.org login required
- ESL Flow Chart
- Referral and Placement Form (form C)
- ENG K-2 ELL Accommodations
- ENG 3-5 ELL Accommodations
- ENG 6-12 ELL Accommodations
- Student Assessment Program Policies and Procedures for Students of Special Populations
- Invitation to meetings
- Checklist for Parent Conferences
- Concept about Print
- ESL Service for ELL students in Shelby County Schools
Mission, Vision and Beliefs
To be a model of excellence in instruction of English Language Learners
To facilitate the language acquisition and academic success of English Language Learners
- We believe that respecting diversity leads to education that is responsible, responsive, and representative of all individuals.
- We believe in establishing communication in a language all stakeholders understand.
- We believe in advocacy for students to have access to services, supports, and instruction.
- We believe in collaboration among stakeholders who recognize their role and responsibility to ensure the educational success of English Language Learners.
- We believe in providing support to the instructional process through professional development, coaching, and intervention that ensures the success of all learners.