Summer Meal Resources
Meals may be picked up at the following locations from:
- 10:00 am until 10:30 am
(Please call the local school by 9:30 am if you wish to pick-up a meal)
- Notices - No meal pickup on June 20th (holiday - schools and offices closed)
All schools offering enrichment activities will provide meals to students during the day or before they leave the school campus.
|June 1 – June 30|
|June 1 – June 17, 21-23 and 28-30|
|Shelby County High|
|June 6 – June 17|
|June 6 – June 30|
- If a family has an unmet need for food, they may contact one of the organizations listed below for assistance or the school social worker,
- Summer Resources
- Break for a Plate – https://www.breakforaplate.com/summer-participate/
- Alabama Childhood Food Solutions – www.alabamachildhoodfood.com
- Shelby Baptist Association – https://gracekleincommunity.com
Families may also apply for food benefits at Shelby County DHR.
The contact information for DHR is
- Shelby County DHR
- Phone: (205) 669-3000
- Address: 987 AL-70, Columbiana, AL 35051.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
- mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.