Welcome to Vincent Elementary School!
The bestselling author, Stephen Covey, released a book titled, The Leader in Me: How Schools and the World are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time. This book is based on the best seller The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Our faculty spent 4 days training in the summer of 2009 in an effort to prepare our students to be leaders in the 21st century. This initiative was inspired by a team of 3 teachers that saw the need for the students at Vincent to become more responsible, creative, and tolerant of differences. This in turn led to the faculty reading the book and training in the 7 Habits. Our goal was to increase students' ability to think for themselves, take initiative, get along with others, and solve problems. When you visit our school, you will see wall displays, bulletin boards, posters, pertaining to the 7 Habits, but that isn't the only thing you will notice. We are most proud of the fact that our students are talking about the 7 Habits and that teachers are teaching these habits weekly to enhance growth in the 7 Habits. Our school became a Leader in Me School in 2010 and has become the first Lighthouse School in Shelby County. --Principal Dr. Borden-Hudson
Mark Your Calendars!
Summer 2018 Events
- July 17 – 19, 2018: Summer Registration 8:00AM-11:00AM and 12:00-3:00PM
- August 2, 2018: Meet the Teacher from 3:30-5:30
- August 7, 2018: First Day of School - Parents may walk their children to classrooms the first day of school. Students should be in classrooms by 7:45.
- August 16, 2018: Parent Orientation at 5:30
- Breakfast/Lunch Menu
- After School Programs - Community Ed
- VES Forms for Enrollment and Registration
- 2018-19 School Supply Lists
- 2018-19 VES Parent / Student Handbook
- Join the VES Listserv (email announcements)
- Meal Benefits Application
- VES Continuous Improvement Plan
- VES Facilities Tour
- VES Library Media Center
- SCBOE Child Find
- SCBOE Bullying/Harassment
- SCBOE Code of Conduct
- SCBOE Academic Calendar
- Shelby County Schools
Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment or New Student Enrollment
Need to pre-enroll a kindergarten student
or a new student for the 2018-19 school year?
Information and Forms
After you have completed the initial forms, contact the school to schedule a time to complete the enrollment process.Contact the school registrar at 205.682.7322.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend Summer Registration on July 17 - 19, 2018
Please read the
VES policy on Negative Lunch Balances.
Questions, please contact Tonya Borden-Hudson at 205-682-7320