Welcome to Helena Middle School
Principal: Andrew Gunn
Assistant Principal: Jennifer Cofer
Assistant Principal: Bakari Young
We, at Helena Middle School, aspire to create a rigorous and differentiated curriculum, to prepare all students as they become College and Career ready in a global and diverse world.
- Summer 2018 Reading Assignments
- 2017-18 Bell Schedule
- 2017-18 Student Handbook
- Shelby Talk - Understanding Data Assessment
- Traffic Instructions - Printable student drop-off instructions.
- Join the HMS Listserv for email updates.
New Student Enrollment
Need to enroll a student for the 2018-19 school year?
Information and Forms
Please call 205-682-5300 to make an appointment.
New student registration is by appointment only.
Mark Your Calendars!
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Office hours are from 8 am until 2 pm Monday through Friday.
Summer 2018 Events
- Summer Registration
- JULY 10TH - 6TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- JULY 11TH - 7TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- JULY 12TH - 8TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- 2018-19 Fees and Donations
- Camp Husky July 31 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend Summer Registration
HMS Vision and Mission Statements
Helena Middle School will ensure that students have an environment that is conducive to and supportive of all learners guided by the middle school values of academic excellence, social equity, and a positive learning culture.
- The school environment will promote dignity, respect, and accountability
- Each student has the right to learn and each student can learn
- Learning takes place in an environment that is safe and secure for students and staff
- Education should be a collaborative effort among faculty, staff, students, and parents