Welcome to Helena Middle School
Principal: Andrew Gunn
Assistant Principal: Ashley Bahr
Assistant Principal: Bakari Young
We, at Helena Middle School, aspire to create a rigorous and differentiated curriculum, to prepare all students as they become College and Career ready in a global and diverse world.
- 2018-19 Bell Schedule
- 2018-19 Student Handbook
- Join the HMS Listserv for email updates.
- Breakfast/Lunch Menu
New Student Enrollment
Need to enroll a student for the 2018-19 school year?
Information and Forms
Please call 205-682-5300 to make an appointment.
New student registration is by appointment only.
Mark Your Calendars!
HMS Vision and Mission Statements
Helena Middle School will ensure that students have an environment that is conducive to and supportive of all learners guided by the middle school values of academic excellence, social equity, and a positive learning culture.
- The school environment will promote dignity, respect, and accountability
- Each student has the right to learn and each student can learn
- Learning takes place in an environment that is safe and secure for students and staff
- Education should be a collaborative effort among faculty, staff, students, and parents