Parent Teacher Leadership and Information
Our parents play a vital role in the educational process of our students. This is seen in our parents' tremendous involvement in school activities. The HIS PTO contributed over $44,000 to our school last year to support the academic and character development of our students.
Events sponsored by our PTO last year include: School Supplies Sale, Fall Festival, Family Fun Night, Healthy Heart Fun Run, Box Tops for Education, and t-shirt sale. With the proceeds from these events, our PTO supported the school’s incentive reading program, the technology program, hospitality events for staff, Red Ribbon Week, and the school’s professional development program for teachers. At HIS, we love OUR PARENTS! Thank you for your support!
2018-19 Board Members
- President - Laura Washer
- VP Finance - Helena Vakakes
- VP Fundraising - Amber Bordelon
- Secretary - Stacey Connor
- Room Mom Coordinator – Amber
- Bunch Library Liaison - Kim Keenum
- Food for Thought - Brian Puckett
- Hostess - Candi George
- Art Liason - Whitney Bouler
- Box Tops - Emily Monk
- Family Fun Night Coordinator - Loren Leigh Baggett
- Kona Ice - Pam Griffin