About Helena Intermediate School
Helena Intermediate School (HIS) opened its doors in August of 2001 and is part of the Shelby County Schools public school district. Helena Intermediate School sits on land donated to the city of Helena by Western Pocahontas Development who in turn donated the land to Shelby County Board of Education. Helena Intermediate School receives students from Helena Elementary School (K-2 school). Upon completion of fifth grade Helena Intermediate students attend Helena Middle School (6 – 8 school). Upon completion of eighth grade, students will advance from Helena Middle to Helena High School (9 – 12 school).
To be a model of excellence in education and prepare our students for their future
To empower our students to achieve their full potential and academic success by developing respectful, responsible, and independent problem solvers
- Every child deserves the opportunity to learn in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Every child deserves the best possible education and someone who believes in them.
- High expectations promote academic growth.
- Systematic assessment, by dedicated professionals, is essential in guiding instruction.
- A collaborative environment builds a community of caring and cooperative individuals working towards a common goal.
- Active involvement among families and the school community fosters positive relationships and ensures all stakeholders are valued.