Welcome to Helena High School! Home of the Huskies!
Helena High School opened its doors in the Fall of 2014. The school's mascot is the Huskies and the colors are silver, black and bright blue.
HHS currently serves more than 1,000 students.
The Helena High School building offers a wireless enviroment for students and faculty.
It also includes classrooms that can double as storm shelters.
Medicine and Helena High School partner for sports medicine course
Vision, Mission and Beliefs
To pursue and exemplify excellence in secondary education.
To provide rigorous, relevant, student-centered education that will equip all students with the essential skills necessary to succeed after high school.
- We believe in caring for students. This takes both courage and humility, but there is no substitute for demonstrating genuine positive regard for our students, in and out of the classroom. More than anything else we do, caring for students must inform and suffuse the culture of our school;
- We believe in high expectations for ourselves and our students. Everyone accomplishes more in an environment where much is expected. Our school must set high standards, model excellence, and equip our students with the tools to excel;
- We believe in instructional collaboration and reflection. The best teachers constantly evolve, and sharing with colleagues and reflecting on instructional practice are essential in our own continuous growth and improvement. Teachers in our school must be given the opportunity to collaborate with their colleagues and perfect their craft;
- We believe in forging community among all stakeholders. Timely communication with parents and strategic involvement of community leaders generally yield positive results. To be a positive force in our community, we must reach out in good faith to stakeholders outside the walls of our school;
- We believe in giving students multiple opportunities to succeed. Much depends on the success of our students, both during their high school years and in the years that follow. With that sobering reality in mind, our school must work tirelessly to ensure that all students have ample opportunity to learn and demonstrate that learning.