About Chelsea High School
The first school in the Chelsea area was established in a log building in 1897. This small school was only in session during the warmer months of the year. in 1927, after consolidation of several small community schools, the school was built at the present site of Chelsea Middle School. A new high school was built on County Road 11 and opened in the fall of 1992 with approximately 580 students.. The Chelsea area is still experiencing growth and in the fall of 2014 had approximately 1174 students enrolled in grades 9-12.
The mission of Chelsea High School is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment in which to educate and prepare students to meet tomorrow's challenges.
- All students can learn, and learning is the main priority of the school.
- All students are valued individuals with unique physical, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- All students should be encouraged to become life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- All students should receive fair and consistent discipline in order to maintain a safe and orderly learning environment.
- All students deserve to learn in a safe and structured environment that encourages their social, physical, and emotional growth.
- All students deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.